When an engineering project is initiated, regardless of the type of project, it can be approached by following a process consisting of three stages or phases prior to the realization or commissioning of the project.
Conceptual engineering is the first stage of an ICT project after the need arises, at this stage aspects are initially defined as:
- Technical feasibility.
- Initial project schedule.
- Compilation of client requirements.
- On site meeting with client to evaluate facilities.
- Investment costs.
- Profitability of the investment.
- Maintenance costs.
- Process flow diagrams.
- High level designs.
The next step in the engineering project is to deepen everything related to conceptual engineering, this process is typically called Basic Engineering.
At this stage, activities or tasks such as:
- Carry out the study of physical facilities and review of equipment plans to comply with norms, standards and best practices.
- Review process flow diagrams, single-wire diagrams for physical installations, among others.
- Determine the possible solutions involved in the project.
- Dimension the equipment to be used according to the requirements.
- Select the software and hardware that will be part of the project.
- Make preliminary calculations of each system that is part of the project.
- Make the initial list of equipment.
Detail engineering is the final stage before the project is completed, in which all the components of the solutions forming part of the project must be specifically established, indicating elements such as:
- List of materials, part numbers and equipment models.
- Diagram of interconnection.
- Topological maps; planos.
- Configuration parameters are provided.
- Detailed technical specifications.
- Description of the verification tests.
The benefits of the service are:
- Application of engineering to develop projects.
- Conceptual design of solutions.
- Project engineering report development.
- Technical and economic feasibility prior to the execution of projects.
- Support for the preparation of RFP (Request for Proposals), bids or price consultation.
- Support in all phases of a project.